Wednesday 18 February 2015

Some things aren't as easy as they seem...

I've decided to start writing about my experience with my boy going into the army to help me look back and reflect on everything in the future.

My boy went sunday and nothing quite hit me until we walked into barracks and I had to say my last goodbye. We were laughing and joking in the car on the way up. Talking about anything but the army I guess. Of course it feels like forever away but it's only 3 weeks until I get to see him again. It's going to be a little weird seeing him, I still get butterflies in my stomach after I haven't seen him for a week! His head is shaved and it's the shortest I've ever seen it.. Roll on passing in when it can be a little longer again.
Although I'm incredibly proud that finally after all these years he is rejoining and fulfilling everything he ever dreamed of, part of me hates the fact that if I want to be with him then my life is going to change in ways that I can't control. But this is the choice that I have chosen and I will never hold it against him. I know that our future will be more stable and we will have better life opportunities in the long run.

So it's only day 3 since he left and apart from a wobble when I got home Sunday night things are going okay, I've heard from him every day and had a phone call every night (the army aren't that bad...YET) I'm keeping busy with work and I'm overwhelmed by the support I've had already from my friends and family. However there's always those few who say you'll be fine Bla Bla.. Tell me I'll be fine when you've walked in my shoes.

Home is a little quiet and my beds a little empty but I'm sure it will all be worth it! 

I'm going to try and blog as much as I can (when I think about it) 

Photos like this keep me going... (Yes I know the hair is bad)

2 comments:

  1. An exciting but daunting journey for you both.
    Stay strong and you will get through. Much love. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou the days seem to be dragging so much at the moment, it sure is going to be a big test for us but definitely make us stronger xxx

    ReplyDelete